LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — The Poultry Federation will hold its 2015 Processors Workshop and Supplier Showcase on Oct. 7-8 in Springdale, Ark.
Day one session will be held at the Springdale Holiday Inn. Day two session will be at the Center of Excellence for Poultry Science at the University of Arkansas.
Topics and speakers include:
• Economic Impact of AI by Marvin Childers, Poultry Federation president
• Poultry Plant Ergonomics by Dr. Steven Johnson, Ergonomic Analysis Inc.
• Safety Best Practices by Cargill
• Sustainability Toolkits by Christy Slay, The Sustainability Consortium
• Best Practices in Poultry Stunning by Dr. Yvonne Thaxton, University of Arkansas Center for Animal Wellbeing & Dr. Karen Christensen, Center of Excellence for Poultry Science
• NPIS Roundtable – Q&A – Marvin Harmon, Simmons Foods and Jason Howard, Cargill
• USDA Springdale District Update by Paul Kiecker, district manager, Food Safety & Inspection Service
More information can be obtained at www.thepoultryfederation.com/annual-events/processors-workshop.