WASHINGTON — Six poultry companies are recalling 2.8 million pounds of chicken products due to an undeclared allergen.
The recalls are being made following notifications from an ingredient supplier that the bread crumbs the companies received and used in the recalled products potentially contained undeclared milk, a known allergen.
The companies involved, the amount recalled and distribution of product include:
- Water Lillies Food Inc., Astonia, N.Y.; 4,334 pounds of ready-to-eat breaded chicken products; Retail locations in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and New York.
- Aston Food Corp., Schwenksville, Pa.’ 18,570 pounds of chicken salad; Distributors in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
- Tyson Foods Inc., New Holland, Pa.; 2,485,374 pounds of ready-to-eat breaded chicken products; shipped for institutional use nationwide, including purchase by schools through the company’s commercial channels.
- Packer Avenue Foods Inc., Philadelphia, Pa.; 9,690 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken salad; Wholesale locations in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
- Gourmet Boutique LLC, Jamaica, N.Y., and Phoenix, Ariz.; 294-744 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken products; items shipped to institutional locations nationwide.
- Advance Pierre Foods Inc., Portland, Maine; 54,699 pounds of chicken products; foodservice locations in California, Nebraska, New York, Ohio,Pennsylvania and Texas.
More information on all recalls can be obtained at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.