Poultry Times is a privately owned newspaper in Gainesville, Ga. Poultry Times is currently hiring for the following positions:
We are seeking a content writer to aid in content delivery to both our digital and print products. We have a wonderful staff in Northeast Georgia, a testament to our continued dedication to providing quality journalism. We’re looking for someone who can help the staff to better serve and grow our digital audiences with the right content and outreach.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience producing quality journalism.
- Have a natural curiosity and interest in our audiences and their needs.
- Have a keen eye for detail, able to spot needed corrections and improvements in content.
- Have strong writing skills and understanding of tone on a variety of platforms in the industry.
- Be adept at using social media and engaging audiences.
- Be innovative, willing to try new things and push others to hop on board.
- Work well within limitations, be persistent and able to find creative solutions.
- Enjoy collaborative work and a persistent push to be better.
- Be flexible, able to help out with other tasks as needed, including managing and editing content.
- Additional skills that would be beneficial include experience with Constant Contact, Social News Desk and podcasting.
Some work can be done remotely, but the position will be based at our downtown Gainesville office and will be a roughly 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekday shift.
If you think you could be a vital member of our team, send your resume and cover letter to Cindy Wellborn, General Manager, at email@example.com.
Audience Engagement Coordinator
Poultry Times has an opening for someone to make retention calls and telephone sales from its office in Gainesville.
The perfect candidate would be a highly organized, energetic self-starter who can stay on task while working alone without constant managerial supervision. An outgoing personality and a pleasant telephone voice are essential for success.
The full-time position will entail telephoning existing customers of Poultry Times to secure subscription renewals and to sell new print or digital subscriptions to previous or new customers. Inside telephone sales experience required.
The position will have a base salary plus a bonus plan for sold subscriptions. Schedule would be 9 to 5, M-F. If interested, send cover letter and resume to Cindy Wellborn at firstname.lastname@example.org.