By David B. Strickland
Poultry Times staff
ATLANTA — Growers, office personnel, students and more are all gearing up to convene on Atlanta, Ga., for the 2020 International Production & Processing Expo.
This year will mark the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association’s 72nd annual International Poultry Expo; and it will also be the eighth annual event where the American Feed Industry Association’s International Feed Expo, and the North American Meat Institute’s International Meat Expo, all joined together to form the IPPE.
Held at the Georgia World Congress Center in downtown Atlanta, show days and times will be:
- Tuesday, Jan. 28: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 30: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
The show will provide all attendees, all expected 32,000-plus attendees, with nearly a week of educational programs, comprised of more than 200 hours of education sessions. The expansive topics run the gamut of everything from health issues to processing challenges. Sessions will include such aspects as biosecurity and how to confront foreign animal disease; how salmonella and campylobacter affect processing; and the annual Poultry Market Intelligence Forum will offer insights and market trends concerning how global factors could potentially impact egg, chicken and turkey products.
Some of the other special features of the IPPE will include:
- For the second year, the Latin American Poultry Summit, which will feature topics encompassing live production and processing issues and how they affect the industry in Latin America. Sessions will offer Spanish, Portuguese and English translations for all of the presentations.
- The annual College Student Career Program will give hundreds of college students the opportunity to speak one-on-one with company human resources representatives and recruiters and potentially plan the future of their career with one of the many companies who will be on hand. This is a valuable opportunity for students to not only interview for potential employment, but also for those seeking to increase their education with internship possibilities.
- The expansive trade show floor, which will encompass all three exhibit halls of the GWCC. This will feature more than 550,000 square feet of exhibits from approximately 1,400 companies and organizations. All areas of the poultry, meat and feed industries, as well as allied companies, will be featured, from feed equipment and ingredients, to meat and poultry processing and packing, to genetics, live poultry production as well as egg production and processing.
Also, for growers, seek out the special coupon in this edition of Poultry Times for a special $5 onsite registration fee.
Last year’s IPPE broke records for attendance and exhibitor/exhibit space, and the three sponsoring associations are looking for more of the same for 2020.
“We expect next year’s IPPE to build on this success to ensure we continue to provide the best possible experience for attendees and exhibitors,” the groups said.
Registration is open. More information about any area of the Expo can be obtained at www.ippexpo.org.