ATHENS, Ga. — The University of Georgia's Department of Poultry Science will be holding a Hot Weather Workshop/Management Workshop/Webinar on April 15-17, 2019.
The two and a half day training program has been specifically designed for those who want to learn more about the design and management of modern poultry houses. The workshop/webinar consists of lectures, as well as hands on group exercises designed to help attendees gain a firm understanding of the principles behind hot weather poultry house management.
Topics will include:
- Heat stress and how birds cool themselves
- How bird density affects bird body and target temperatures
- Basic tunnel ventilation system design
- Factors affecting air speed in tunnel houses
- Factors affecting air speed uniformity in tunnel houses
- Tunnel ventilation and static pressure
- Static pressure in tunnel houses
- Tunnel fan selection
- Chicken culture
- Evaporative cooling principles
- The importance of nighttime bird management during hot weather
- Answers to 13 commonly asked questions about evaporative cooling
- Basic tunnel ventilation system operation
- Fan & evaporative cooling system maintenance
- Top ten most important tunnel operation tips
- Evaluating tunnel ventilation system performance
The registration fee of $525 ($425 for in-state) includes continental breakfast, lunch and dinner meals, refreshments, notebooks and other materials. The workshop will begin with registration at 8 a.m. on April 15 and will end at noon on April 17. The cost of webinar is $125 for 1 to 4 people on one computer. The cost for 5 or more people is $300. You will receive an e0mail confirming your registration. You will receive all the class notes prior to the workshop. Registration for the Webinar is limited.
Presenters will include: Mike Czarick, Dr. Brian Fairchild, Dr. Brian Kiepper, Dr. John Worley and Connie Mou, all with UGA; and Isaac Singletary, Munters.
The location will be the Oconee County Civic Center, 2661 Hog Mountain Rd, Watkinsville, Ga. 30677.
A block of rooms has been reserved for the workshop at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott Athens. This hotel Athens is located at 3500 Daniels Bridge Road, Athens, Ga. GA 30606. Guests may call the reservation office at (706) 353-8484 using the group code PVWO or book online at http://bit.ly/2GjX9wr. You must enter this block code online to receive the workshop discount. The rooms at the discounted rate are $119. Please make your own reservations prior to March 25.
Register online at http://bit.ly/2nr3Pjx.